The 68-Hour Medication Administration training program for unlicensed personnel is a Virginia Board of Nursing approved curriculum for individuals who want to work in assisted living facilities. Students are taught the basic knowledge and skills needed to perform medication administration safely and effectively. This program qualifies participants to take the State Registered Medication Aide Exam. The training will prepare an individual for a position as a Medication Aide.
WHAT DOES A MEDICATION AIDE DO?
This program prepares students to assist patients with self-administration of medications in ALF’s.
Classroom instruction: 36 hrs
Clinical instruction: 32 hrs
Program Length: 2 weeks (Daytime Program Only)
- Admission/Application Fee $650 (Minimum down payment is $450)
- Valid Identification (passport, driver’s license, state ID)
- Social Security card
- Criminal Background check (provided by school)
- TB Test (PPD skin test or a negative chest X-ray) No older than 1 year is required (the school will provide PPD skin test for a fee)
The minimum requirement to enroll in the Medication Aide program is the completion of a Virginia Board of Nursing 120 Hour Nurse Aide Training Program or Approved 40 Hour Department of Social Services Direct Care Staff Training Program.
Similar to other growing healthcare professions, the demand for Medication Aides is expected to continue to grow substantially.
Medication Aide Day Program Class Schedule Click here for Charlottesville
Class: 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. | Monday – Friday
Clinical: 6:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. | Wednesday – Friday
January 18, 2021
|January 29, 2021|
February 15, 2021
|February 26, 2021|
March 15, 2021
|March 26, 2021|
April 12, 2021
|April 23, 2021|
May 24, 2021
|June 4, 2021|
June 21, 2021
|July 2, 2021|
|July 19, 2021||July 30, 2021|
|August 16, 2021||August 27, 2021|
|September 13, 2021||September 24, 2021|
|October 11, 2021||October 22, 2021|
|November 8, 2021||November 19, 2021|
Upon successful completion you will have the option to register for the:
- For the State of Virginia Board of Nursing- Registered Medication Aide Exam, for an additional fee (not included in the tuition).